Out today, Indigo Dawn, from author Elle J Rossi, The third book in the Josie Hawk Chronicles



INDIGO DAWN is out! The third book in the Josie Hawk Chronicles, we get to meet the infamous Josie Hawk and dreamy Kelly O’Leary once again, kicking ass across the night-time creatures of Nashville. Read on to find out a little more about it, and how to grab your copy!



I’d love a snippet!

Silence.
Stillness blankets the night, casting an eerie hush over a normally boisterous street. The humans are tucked in their beds, some just now crawling in after a night of non-stop dancing and drinking. My skin tingles like I’ve been standing under the hot spray of a shower jet for too long. I welcome the feeling and roll my neck from side to side, loosening the muscles that have tightened into a knot while I’ve been playing the waiting game. As looming shadows extinguish the hazy light coming from the overhead streetlamps, I know it can only mean one thing. This hunt is about to go from bad to freakishly f’d up. My favorite kind.
I’m Josie Hawk. A serious badass who doubles as a bar owner and the streets’ equivalent of a hall monitor. Difference is, I hand out death in lieu of verbal warnings and write-ups.
I draw in a deep breath, preparing for the inevitable fight. Crouching behind the garbage cans in the narrow alley, I place my index finger against my lips, the universal signal for ‘zip it or else’. Keller O’Leary, vampire extraordinaire, hottest being alive, my personal sex god, and keeper of my heart, says nothing. Even in the pitch dark, I know he sees me from across the street. He’s wicked powerful. I tell him it’s because he’s a hell of a lot older than me. Putting him in his place from time to time keeps us on even ground. He’s got more bragging rights than me and I might be a wee bit jealous.
I imagine the grin sitting on his perfect face, full lips curling up at the corners and exposing his sparkly whites. I squirm a little. Keller smiles every time my heart rocks the jackhammer, like it’s doing now. He considers my pulse to be his beckoner. Maybe it is. Not too long ago I would have been annoyed by his presence. Now, I’m comforted knowing he’s here and ready to fight alongside me. Being with Keller is like donning that oversized, rumpled, white t-shirt that smells like men’s sexy cologne. I’ve got it really bad for him. So bad, I get pissed at myself when I think about all the years I wasted telling him to get lost.
Sage, my best friend and co-owner of our bar Wolfie’s, is also Keller’s sister. Not by blood, but they share a sire, which makes them tighter than genetics ever could. Sage knew all along Keller and I were destined to be together. I had my doubts—still do, if I’m being honest, but for now we’re good together. Really, really good.
A nasty wind comes out of nowhere and whips through the alley, forcing me onto all fours and sweeping away my wanton thoughts like scattering leaves. Mumbling a curse, I shove off the ground and swipe my palms against my shirt, brushing off the dirt and gravel. My hair thrashes around my face like flames in a hell storm, hindering my vision. I wish I had braided it. There’s no time now, so I shove the long red strands behind my ears.
It’s only early May, but already the humidity has my shirt clinging to damp skin. The thick air carries the fetid scents of trash and the being lurking around the corner. He’s headed my way, and I’m ready. Sliding my hand up my thigh, I latch on to my short blade. It’s so quiet I can hear the faint creak of the leather as I squeeze my fist. Tension swims through my veins, lashing out until my body vibrates with need. The need to protect and destroy. I pull the blade from its sheath, gripping the handle tighter. Up close and personal is the only way to take down a murk.
Murks, with their oversized bodies, gaping maws, and sharp black teeth, are disgusting and deadly. A noxious substance drips from their skin, leaving a stank, oily trail in their wake. Their rotten stench alone is enough to take down the average person. Thankfully, I’m not average.
I’m a Huntress. In layman terms, it means I’m a killer. If you f*** with my city and my people, you f*** with me. The residents of Nashville, whether born and bred or one of the thousands of tourists walking the streets every day, are my heart. I’ll do anything to protect them, anything to keep them oblivious to the creatures of the occult. The occult world, even the fantastical and lighter parts of it, is a very dangerous place to be. Plainly put: It ain’t pretty.


Is there a pretty cover?
So what’s the blurb?



Vampire Lust and Pixie Dust.



Josie Hawk is a Huntress. A killer devoted to protecting the humans of Nashville from the shadows that lurk in the night. But the shadows are gaining ground.



When an infamous pixie tricks Josie into a drug-induced nightmare, Josie envisions the death of her vampire lover, Keller O'Leary. Was the vision a threat ... maybe even a promise? But from whom?



Desperate to track down the source of the toxic psychedelic pixie dust, Josie kicks and punches her way toward the truth. But her efforts backfire, provoking a deadly attack at Wolfie’s—the bar Josie co-owns with her sister-in-arms, Sage.



Tag. You’re it.



Haunted by the threat to Keller, Josie scrambles to outwit her elusive opponent before the deadly game escalates and claims more lives. But in saving Nashville, will Josie lose those she loves?



Or will she be too late to stop the deadly game of tag?





Links to get your grabby hands on a copy!



Amazon US – no pre-order, but keep an eye out!

Amazon UK - no pre-order, but keep an eye out!








Find out more about Elle J Rossi





Moon Rose Publishing - http://www.moonrosepublishing.com/#!elle-j-rossi/c6b8

1 comment:

Your comment awaits moderation. Thank you :-)