Today's guest author is Victoria Adams

Welcome to the blog Victoria

Tell us a little about yourself,



My name is Victoria Adams. I live in Ontario, Canada with my husband. Our daughter has grown up (overnight) and is out in the adult world. I love to cook and to garden and I have a second degree black belt in TaeKWonDo.
I write contemporary romance and new adult (17 to 22).



Where can we find more information about you and your books?
Both of my books are on Amazon KDP.

Dancing in Circles (Book 1) -  http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009PFNPMG

Blog – Pages of Romance – http://victoriaadams.blogspot.com
FaceBook – Circles Trilogy Page - http://www.facebook.com/CirclesTrilogy?ref=hl
Google+ - Victoria Adams

Victoria has brought along her book, Dancing in Circles

Dancing in Circles (Book 1 – Circles Trilogy) is the story of two prep school students, one from privilege, the other from poverty and how fate threw them together while society tried to rip them apart.

Excerpt:

 Julie and Robert are going horseback riding.
After a few moments, Julie relaxed. Look at me, on a horse. Doing the cowgirl thing. She giggled. "I feel like a kid who's discovered ice cream." She glanced over at Robert. Ice cream with hot chocolate sauce. Very hot sauce.
Robert led them to a path, which opened into a meadow. "How come if your friends learned to ride, you didn't?"
"I was usually at class."
He slowed his horse to match hers. "What kind of class?"
"Dance. Ballet. You know, ballerinas in tutus, dancing on their toes." Julie swayed with the rocking rhythm of the horse's movements.
"Ya any good?"
"I can hold my own in class."
He raised his eyebrows. "Never known a ballerina before."
"When I was little, mom and dad took me to The Nutcracker and there's this great pas de deux...."
Robert tilted his head as his brow crinkled.
She scratched her nose. "Oh, uh...pas de deux when two people dance. This one's between the Prince and the Sugar Plum Fairy. I wanted to be the fairy. I thought she was the most wonderful thing I'd ever seen. She had on a purple tutu, stuck straight out at the sides, and she danced on her toes. I told mom that's what I wanted to do, and I've been taking class ever since."
"I hope ya get to dance her someday."
"Oh, I'm not good enough. It's just a dream." She held back a sad sigh.
"How do ya know? Maybe ya are good enough. Ya gotta believe in yourself and in your dreams. Dreams is what keeps us alive. People trapped in a hopeless situation survive by their dreams. Their dreams of freedom, of a better life, whatever."
What are your dreams? Can I ask you? Or is it too soon to get that personal? Julie picked at the leather-covered saddle horn.
"I gotta question." Robert shifted around in his saddle to face her. "Doesn't it hurt to stand on your toes? It hurts like hell when I stub mine. I can't imagine jumpin' up and down on'em."
Julie laughed. "When I first got my pointe shoes I thought my toes were going to break. Imagine trying to walk around with your foot stuck in a glass."
"Why do it if it hurts?"
"Good question." She released the hair tie, shook her head and let her long, brown hair drape around her shoulders. "Dancers are driven by a passion. An obsession. I've heard of ballerinas dancing with pulled muscles, sprained ankles, cracked bones in their feet. I'd love to spend nine or ten hours a day in a dance studio. I could deal with any of the physical discomforts if given a chance. Am I smiling all stupid like?" She looked at the saddle, the reins and the field to the left of her.
Robert, who was on her right, tapped her arm. "Ya have to look at me so I can see. And why the weird question?"
The heat rose in Julie's cheeks. "Mom says whenever I talk about dance I get this big grin on my face and I light up. Whatever that means."
"If ya love dancin' so much, go be a dancer? Go join a company or somethin'."
Julie paused as she looked at the trees starting to change to their fall colours. "It's not that easy. You have to audition. There are a million dancers for one job. Besides, my parents want me to go to college."
"It's not your parent's life. It's yours. Ya gotta do what's right for you. If ya don't try you'll never know if ya coulda been the fairy thing. If ya audition and don't get the job then you'll know ya ain't good enough, and ya can get on with your life."
She bit her lip. "That's the problem."
"What is?"
"What if I audition and fail?" Julie stared at her saddle.
"Ya go home and cry then swear at them, for being stupid. Your friends're way more concerned with their lives than yours. They'll forget about your failure long before ya do."
"You're so right. I've known them since we were babies and I swear, I've talked to you more about my dancing in ten minutes than I ever have with them." Ever.


 


5 comments:

Your comment awaits moderation. Thank you :-)