Wicked Wednesday welcoming author L Van Horn




Welcome thank you for visiting the blog today
Tell us a little about yourself
With all the alluring creatures available in the fantasy genre, there is no end to the inspiration that keeps my muse up at night. My recipe: Start with choice characters, marinate in fantasy (any of the delicious sub-genres will do) add a heavy dash of romance, and mix in a generous portion of hot and heavy throughout the cooking cycle.

 I’ve been writing for many years but this is my first book out under this name.

Which book have you brought along to tell us about today?
Valkyrie Slumbering

After the murder of her father, Kyra's heart is consumed by the need for revenge. The hunt is all that matters. But a chance crossing of paths with the alluring and mysterious Grim threatens to derail her focus and her quest. Something about him draws her in, melts her walls, and speeds her heart. Like her, he is half Alfhiem, but it's more than that. He's funny, considerate, and treats her as an equal even in battle, something most of the Vikings of her native homeland would never do.

Steamy nights is one thing, but Kyra can't allow her heart to become wrapped up with anyone, not until she finds and kills the man who murdered her father. Traveling across the countryside with Grim, though, challenges her resolve in more ways than she thought possible. She still hungers for the hunt but that hunger begins to dim in comparison to the one that grows inside her for Grim.

Creatures that could only be from the legendary land of Midgard interrupt their hunt again and again, creatures that shouldn't exist in this realm. Soon it becomes unclear whether or not Kyra and Grim are the hunters, or the hunted. But who would hunt them, and why?

Are you working on another book right now?
I am, two in fact. I’m working on the second book in the Valkyrie trilogy and on a novel about a succubus. Which I’ve got to tell you, is oh so fun.

What do you enjoy most about writing?
The escape from the mundane.
What do you like the least?
The first draft, yep really.

Would you like to see any of your books as movies?
OMG yes! How awesome would that be?!

Can you name any actors you would like to see as the lead characters in your book.
I can totally see one of the Hemsworth brothers as Grim. Yum. As for Kyra, I’m not sure. Maybe Scarlet Johannsen with blond hair~if she hit the gym and put some meat on.

What things do you like to do to relax?
Horseback ride, hike, kayak, pretty much anything outdoors.

Do you have another job as well as writing?
Not at the moment. I used to but when we relocated for my better half’s job I had the opportunity to quit and write full time so I jumped on it.

If you could have one super power in your existence, what would it be?
To transfer the novel in my head into my computer without having to talk or type, just by thought. Not such a cool super power, I know, but for an author that would ROCK.

If money were not an object, where would you most like to live?
Hawaii, no contest. I love it there. It’s my favorite place on Earth. But I’d need a condo in Whistler too because I like the snow too.

What kind of car would you have if money was no object?
Honestly, the same kind I have now. I’m a Jeep gal.

What’s your favorite food?
Ice-cream. That counts right? It’s a major food group to me. LOL!

Favorite color?
Green.

Can you think of a song or piece of music that could be your theme tune?
Anything by the Dropkick Murphy’s.

Just answer these questions as quickly as possible.


Chocolate or vanilla?----- chocolate

Dog or cat?---- cat

The film or the book?----- book


Jeans or dress? yes. ;)

Beach or Snow resort? Beach

Heels or flats? Heels

What do you love best about yourself? My creativity.

What do you like least? My absent mindedness.

Do you have anything to share with other authors that might be a help?
Never stop writing, even when you’re on submission, and even after you’ve landed an agent or a publishing deal. And always support your fellow authors.

Is there anything you would like to say to your readers?
You are my lifeblood. Thank you, each and every one of you.

Can you share one of your favorite parts of one of the books?
 Read an excerpt:
    I throw an overhead strike at him, and instead of blocking it, he takes my arm and spins it—and me along with it. Suddenly my feet are out from under me, and I’m speeding toward the ground with his grinning face following. Grabbing his shoulders, I roll back, pulling him with me. The move carries us both into a summersault, and I end up on top of him with my arm across his throat.
     “I win,” I say through a smile so big it makes my cheeks ache.
     Through the thin layer of fabric covering me, my nipples rub against his bare chest, making them harder. Warmth spreads between my thighs as I start to grow wet. His bright blue eyes stare deep into mine. The power of that gaze forces me to look away. But my eyes find his lips, and it’s all I can do to keep from pressing mine to his. I’m acutely aware of his hard cock pressing against my pelvis. It’s all I can do not to grind against it.
     Leaves rustle in the trees that stand not more than twenty feet from us. Bumps raise along my skin as a strong breeze whisks up the back of my shirt. All that stops the cloth from whipping over my head is Grím’s hands around my waist. The breeze becomes a wind that whips at me, touching intimately between my legs, up the curve of my butt. There’s pressure to the touch, almost as if it’s more than wind. And it isn’t Grím’s hands—they’re still securely around my waist. An eerie feeling starts to creep across my skin.


Find L Van Horn online:

Buy L Van Horn books
Amazon / B&N (more coming soon)
Read another teaser on L Van Horn's blog

1 comment:

Your comment awaits moderation. Thank you :-)