Hi to romance author Vallory Vance

Welcome to the blog Vallory,



Thank you, Elodie, for hosting me today and thanks again for helping with my phrasing.

When I was writing my latest release, Dèjá Vu, I wanted something very British for my heroine’s mother to say. Even though Sherrie St. Claire has lived in the US for over thirty years, I thought she’d still maintain a phrase or two from growing up in England.

Now keep in mind, before I tell you what my original phrase was – I’ve never left North America. Canada and Mexico are as far as my international travels have taken me. And my knowledge of British English is limited to a DVD of Absolutely Fabulous: Series 1.

With that said, my phrase was – Are you putting me on? (meaning Are you joking?)

Elodie’s suggestion – Are you joking?

So what’s the very British saying for my heroine’s mom in the next installment of The Rose Gold Collection? I’m opening the floor for suggestions, comment with a phrase for a chance to have it included in the next novel with a special acknowledgment of thanks from me.


A little about Dèjá Vu to get you thinking:


Darcey St. Claire is never surprised when a man is attracted to her. In fact, her style revolves around that assumption. From her short skirts to her thigh-high boots to her flirty laugh, Darcey flits along the edge of provocation to sell the overpriced services of the Hayden Court Hotel and afford her the spot as top Sales Manager.
So the lustful looks Vincent Guidry cast in her direction didn't faze her. It was the feeling of déjà vu creeping up her spine that made her run at breakneck speed away from the handsome former quarterback.
And she wouldn't have ever sought him out again. Not for herself. But there was someone else to consider…






Enter Vallory's prize draw to win a $10.00 Amazon gift card. The winner will be chosen using random.org and will be announced on the Vallory V blog on May 18, 2013.

Good Luck!

You can get a copy of Dèjá Vu at the following online retailers:




Find Vallory Vance online at:


Twitter: @ValloryVance

2 comments:

Your comment awaits moderation. Thank you :-)