This weekend's featured author is Nicolette Grey



                                             

 

Welcome Nicolette thank you for visiting the blog today



Tell us a little about yourself,


     I’m the mother of two adult children and I live in the Northeast part of the country with my husband, dog and two cats. In my old life, I was a serious athlete, so I still love being active and outdoors…hiking and running are my favorite pastimes – throw in cross country skiing and snowshoeing in the winter, as well.

     I began to write a little over three years ago when the economy was slow and found myself with too much unfilled time on my hands. At first I thought I’d try Middle Grade or Young Adult, but I’m not very good at it, so I segued to literary/mainstream. After limited success with a few short stories, I decided to try my hand at Erotic Romance and suspense. This genre has solved two major problems for me: one, I finally get to write the scenes I enjoy and, two, I don’t have to edit them out afterward! 



What book have you brought along to tell us about today?



 My first published compilation of stories called LOST AND FOUND and my first full-length novel THE GODDESS OF BLACKWATER POND (due out in June)

LOST AND FOUND   
                                     



     Life comes with its share of losses. In these four novelettes of erotic romance by Nicolette Grey it takes on different forms. “Moving Violations” deals with the loss of freedom and a special dream. “Lost Canyon” begins with the death of a beloved family member in a harsh and foreign environment. In “Time and a Half…Plus Benefits”, the heroine must learn to cope with her low sense of self-esteem after a failed relationship, and “Windswept Beach” portrays a crumbling marriage with the hurts and frustrations that accompany it.

     Although each story in this book is unique, they all share the same initial undercurrent of loss, as well as the “founding” aspect that brings their heroines through their trials, intact and stronger - love.

     LOST & FOUND …the losses we endure with the happy endings we strive for, from Nicolette Grey and Hot Ink Press - because love should never be boring!


THE GODDESS OF BLACKWATER POND



     Odin Andreassen is talented, intelligent, and charming. He also has a dark side. Hidden in the bunkhouse behind his cabin, he keeps two pets for his private amusement. Unfortunately, his pets have a habit of dying.  That’s all right; there are always replacements available. He has, in fact, already chosen one. She’s someone he’s familiar with. He’s seen her picture, knows her likes and dislikes, and even has access to her most intimate secrets. Most importantly, he knows her name; it’s one that he approves of and can work with: Selene…the Goddess of the Moon.

     Lena Walker is discouraged by life’s pitfalls. Her inability to conceive a child, disillusionment with her job, and struggle to connect with her husband after his new-found fame, have left her wondering  exactly where she fits into the grand scheme of things. When she sees the listing for the rustic cabin on Blackwater Pond, she recognizes it for what it is: a distraction from the disappointments of her ordinary life and a chance to reconnect with her past.

     What begins as an innocent summer project soon spirals into mystery and deceit. In short order, her best friend disappears and her husband becomes estranged. Alone and vulnerable, she finds herself drawn in by her exotic neighbor, a Norwegian artist with a penchant for nature and mythology.  Slowly, Lena allows herself to be seduced, only to fall head over heels in love. But who is the man who has stolen her heart…and, more importantly, what is his ultimate objective?



Are you working on another book right now?



Three, actually. I’m 30,000 words into a contemporary erotic suspense novel that’s kind of a female/female fatal attraction thing, as well as beginning a work of erotic fantasy. The third book, titled “GONE”  is complete and  submitted. No word yet if my publisher is interested (fingers crossed).



What do you enjoy most about writing?



Developing the characters and plot.



What do you like the least?



The first re-write. Torture with a capital T!!



Would you like to see any of your books as movies?



Definitely, THE GODDESS OF BLACKWATER POND. I think it has the plot, suspense, characters and setting to make a great movie.



If so can you name any actors you would like to see as the lead characters in your book.  



Keira Knightly as Selene Walker and Hugh Jackman as Odin Andreassen. For Jake Morris, I like Josh Holloway. He’s a little old for the part, but Hollywood can pull off anything these days!



What things do you like to do to relax?



Like I said before, I love to run and hike and there’s reading, of course – preferably with a cold beer in hand on the beach or the lake on a hot summer afternoon!



Do you have another job as well as writing?



Yes. I work in the trades. My husband tells me that I’m a very handy woman to have around the house LOL!





If you could have one super power in your existence, what would it be?



I’d love to be able to make money grow on trees. I know that sounds shallow and they say that having money doesn’t bring happiness, but with just a little more I could follow my dream and write full-time – I’d help a few of my good friends to do so as well!





If money were not an object, where would you most like to live?



 The western mountains of Maine in the summer and coastal North Carolina from hunting season through June (when the black flies die off)! I love both places and could easily see myself content between the two.





What kind of car would you have if money was no object?

A completely restored Volkswagen Camper, circa 1970. We had one growing up and, except for the heater – or lack of one - it was great!





What’s your favorite food?



 Fettuccini with sausage, meatballs and mozzarella. I’m not shy when it comes to calories.



Favorite color?  Blue



Can you think of a song or piece of music that could be your theme tune?



 Since I’m now an erotic author, I’d have to say “Portuguese Love”, an oldie by Teena Marie. Probably, nobody these days has ever heard of her, but this song is sooo sensual. Hot stuff.





Just answer these questions as quickly as possible.





Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate



Dog or cat? Dog



The film or the book? Book





Jeans or dress? Jeans



Beach or Snow resort? Beach



Heels or flats? Flip flops



What do you love best about yourself? My ability to look at the glass and see it half- full…most of the time!



What do you like least? My sense of duty – all the time.





Do you have anything to share with other authors that might be a help?



 Take all the help you can from whoever offers it. This is a tough business to break into – if you want to succeed, make a lot of friends…and be a friend back whenever it’s possible!



Is there anything you would like to say to your readers?



Thank you for the words of support you’ve given me since LOST AND FOUND was released last month. It hasn’t been an easy road for me and I appreciate your kind words about my book.



Can you share one of your favorite parts of one of the books?

 This is from the third story in LOST AND FOUND called “Time And A Half…Plus Benefits”



     Below her, Trulee Hightower appeared on the back porch with her fourth in command. “Call Wharf South and make sure they’ve got room for six for lunch,” she commanded. “Tell them we’d like a table on the back deck with Marcel as our waiter. I want a Bloody Mary waiting for me when we get there. And, James? Make sure they’ve got plenty of Pouilly Fuisse chilled.”

     Missy listened as James made the call and assured his boss that, yes, they had room at one thirty, and yes, they had wine.

     Trulee nodded her approval. “Round up the crew and tell Matt and Will to take a break,” she said. “What time is it now?”

     “One fifteen.”

     “Let’s see…we’ve got to drive to town and park. That’s half an hour each way. Then there’s lunch itself. Better leave two hours. Tell them we’ll be back at…oh, say, three-ish.”

     Missy kept her ear to the window as she made another call to someone who required a lot of “yes, darlings” and “of course, darlings” and then she was gone. Leaving the vacuum hose coiled in the hall, she took the steps to the main floor. Outside, as the designer’s crew divided into twos and threes for the ride to town, she attached a hose to the spicket and bent her head, holding her braid aside while she let the cold water drench the back of her neck.

     “That looks good,” Will said, stepping up behind her. “Mind if I have some?”

     “Sure.” Her pulse quickened. “Help yourself.”

     Matt stepped off the porch, heading for the truck. “Don’t you get a lunch break?” he asked, loudly, for Trulee’s benefit.

     “I don’t eat lunch,” she said. “Remember?”

      The jeeps of the design crew filled and disappeared over the hill. Missy wiped her mouth as her heart beat faster. Behind her, Will’s hands touched her shoulders as Matt stepped across the lawn to stand before her. She trembled and a spurt of water wet his sweat-stained shirt. Smiling, he reached to take the hose from her hand. “What do you eat?” he asked, staring at her crotch.

    She swallowed hard and mumbled something unintelligible as her eyes dropped to his shorts and the tell-tale bulge of his cock. He laughed as he bent to take a drink. When he was finished, he showered her with spray. Missy’s nipples tightened as goose bumps rose on her arms.

     “Ooops,” he said, reaching to wipe away the droplets. “Sorry about that.”

      Behind her, Will nuzzled her neck, pushing her heavy hair over her shoulder as his pelvis rocked against her ass. “Missy,” he said. “Short for Melissa. Have you thought of a place yet?”

    Missy cleared her throat and struggled for focus. “The beach?” she said.

     Matt’s smile broadened. He cupped her breasts as he stepped closer. “How do we get there?”

     His tongue in her mouth prevented her answer. Missy kissed him back, wide-eyed. With his right hand remaining on her breasts, his left crept between her legs. She moaned as her knees went weak.

     “It’s down a path on the right side of the property,” she finally managed. “A two minute walk.”

     Matt kissed her again. He tasted of peppermint breath mints, fresh and sweet. “I’ll get a blanket,” he said, pulling away.

 ****



Find Nicolette online:








Buy Nicolette’s book




THE GODDESS OF BLACKWATER POND  to be announced

4 comments:

  1. What a great site Elodie's and such a wonderful interview with Nicolette. She's an absolute joy. Thanks for sharing and you Nicolette for taking the time to do this interview.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview. Lost & Found was an exciting read and I can hardly wait for Goddess to release. Nicolette, when you get that money tree please let me have a sprig so I can grow one too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great interview. Nice site Elodie and lovely interview Nicolette...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great site Elodie,, lovely interview Nicolette.

    ReplyDelete

Your comment awaits moderation. Thank you :-)