The next big thing blog hop with The Last Time from Elodie Parkes

I have been asked by author E R Pierce to participate in the next big thing blog hop with my current WIP.
Here are  my answers to the interview questions:
 


What is the working title of your next book?

The Last Time


The Last Time is currently being edited and is an erotic romance with a dash of suspense.





Where did the idea come from for the book?

An friend from a few years ago works in the film industry and has often told me about the dramas that can go on.



What genre does your book fall under?
Erotic romance, but it does have a dash of suspense and mystery.


Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I can’t think of any to be honest. I’ve seen models especially male models that might fit the look I would want for both Seth and Jake. As for Bethany…no idea.

What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Roll with it.


Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
It’s under consideration at the moment by publishers.


How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
First draft maybe four months. Then its gone through a re-write and two months of editing and reading until I was ready to submit it.


Who or What inspired you to write this book?
People looking for and hoping for love. Weird things they do for and because of love. The stories a friend told me as I said in question one.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
The love scenes are hot. The story has a main female character who admits her needs, but is strong, intelligent and gutsy. The main male characters are both Alpha and tender. There’s a little mystery and pathos but a happy ending in the tradition of erotic romance.

Here are the fabulous authors I’ve tagged to tell you about their Next Big Thing!


Please, make sure you check them out next Wednesday!

If you would like to read some snippets from The Last Time beta WIP click on the banner. (18+)

The Next big thing from ER Pierce
   
What is the (working title) of your book?
Duality,  A Cordelia Kelly Novel.
Where did the idea come from for the book?
Cordelia is an empath, and she reads people really well. She struggles with her light and dark sides. The idea stemmed from myself, as I have the innate ability to do the same.
What genre does your book fall under?
Darker, more Urban Fantasy, I suppose. There are sexual overtones, sexuality, and sensuousness about Duality, so it bridges the gap, in my opinion. It's hard to pin the genre down, so I would leave it up to you, once you read it.
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Cordelia would be tough to cast, but maybe Scarlett Johansen or Kirsten Dunst. I also really love Melanie Martinez from the NBC show, THE VOICE. But she is really young. For Sol... Man, I have no idea. He would be impossible to cast. He's mysterious, alluring, intelligent, dangerous and he oozes pheromones.
What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Duality is about balancing your needs and wants. There is a thin line between good and evil, and Cordelia walks the line with soft feet.
Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
I self-publish
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
About 3 months. My muse can be fickle and sometimes takes off for a while. But also, I have four kids, a husband and a household to run, and they sometimes have to come first.
What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I'm not sure, to be honest. Empaths aren't all the rage, currently.
Who or What inspired you to write this book?
My need to release the emotions pent up inside my head.
What else about your book might pique the reader's interest?
I think a lot of readers will relate on some level to Cordelia. She's a good person, her heart is always in the right place, but sometimes she makes bad decisions, and she's had a lot of trauma in her life. She struggles
with herself, with her opinions, with her needs and wants.

1 comment:

Your comment awaits moderation. Thank you :-)