Lindsay Paige is the guest author this Friday with her book Sweetness



Lindsay Paige is a romance author from North Carolina. She writes romance for the older end of the young adult range (18-21). Most of what Lindsay writes are her daydreams in lavish details.  When not writing, she is working to finish her first year of college.

Lindsay loves to read, listen to music, watch and play tennis, along with watching her favorite hockey team, the Pittsburgh Penguins. Lindsay is a big fan of Sidney Crosby (87) and buys Penguins merchandise whenever she can.She loves spending time with her family and it was her mother who inspired Lindsay to begin writing.
Lindsay's mother made the comment that she should write a bestselling novel since she "reads so much".   She began working on Sweetness. A year later, the novel was complete.

Lindsay has published Sweetness, I'm Yours, and Whatever It Takes.


 
 Emily wished she was invisible. But after moving to a new town with her dad, a charming boy makes it impossible for her to disappear. Despite her feelings of unworthiness, Emily soon finds herself drawn to the safety of Jake's world. Good looking and the star of the hockey team, Jake has a lot going for him. What most people don't see is the difficult life he has at home. When quiet Emily steals his heart, Jake vows to help her discover she is worthy of love. Just when the two of them realize the sweetness of their relationship, they are put to the test. Only together can they overcome their haunted pasts to fight for a future together
****
Proving that young adult romance can be sexy. Jake and Emily,  the central characters have so much passion and commitment to one another, the book is full of tender moments.

Excerpt:

“Let’s go swimming,” I say, already heading outside. I set my bag on the couch and go to the pool. Forget a bathing suit. We are going skinny dipping. I peel off my clothes and hear Jake laugh behind me. Once naked, I walk down to the deep end, glance at a half naked Jake, and jump in.
The cool water chills my bones at first. I come up for air, just as Jake jumps in next to me. He comes up with a smile. This is thrilling. “Come here,” he says pulling me to him. I wrap my legs around him and my arms around his neck.
“God, I love you,” I tell him. I give him a kiss. Minutes later, we come up for air. I give him an evil grin and dunk him. I swim off as fast as I can, but Jake grabbed my leg. I scream, swallowing water as my head goes under. Jake’s big hands pull me up and holds me tightly against him. “That was not a smart move, Sweetness.”
“What are you going to do about it,” I challenge as he walks up backwards to the steps on the shallow end.
He smirks. “Oh, I’m going to make you pay. And after I do, Sweetness, you’ll think twice next time.” He sits on the second to last steps, keeping us in the water. My legs are wrapped around him and my hands rest on the back of his neck.
Jake takes my neck and brings my lips to his. I’m caught up in the kiss that it catches me completely off guard when I feel his fingers inside of me. My moan is muffled by his tongue. His fingers move faster and I squirm against him. “Let’s go inside,” I plead as Jake’s hot tongue moves down my neck. He stands and I hold on to him. His fingers and his tongue don’t stop as he carries me upstairs where we make love.

Find Lindsay online:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment awaits moderation. Thank you :-)