This weekend's feature author is Marc Livingston aka The Greatest Poet Alive

We have a special treat this weekend. The guest author is Marc Livingston. Marc writes as The Greatest Poet Alive, 
 The G.P.A. is from the south side of Chicago. He has been writing poetry since 2007 and published his first book of poetry, “The Confessional Heart of a Man.” 








Recently he has also written and self-published the scintillating book of sensual poetry, “The Book of 24 Orgasms”.  
“THE BOOK OF 24 ORGASMS”
is not your typical erotic/sensual book of poetry or literature, for that matter. My book is about sex, sexual relations, intercourse, lovemaking, etc., but there aren't any crude or vulgar references to the acts or genitalia. THE BOOK OF 24 ORGASMS makes the readers use their senses and imagination to come to various conclusions. The premise behind the number "24" is that there are 24 poems to equate with "24" hours that compose a day. Essentially, one poem is one orgasm per hour in a day; therefore, 24 orgasms are possible in a day “THE BOOK OF 24 ORGASMS”


Besides his own works, G.P.A. was the main poetic contributor to both
“Chocolate Rose” and “Chocolate Rose 2” also man who support causes that don't
get enough exposure, During Domestic Violence month, he contributed poems to the
anthology, Voices Behind the Tears. G.P.A .is the founding member of The League of Extraordinary Poets an organization of poets who take the art of storytelling to another level, G.P.A. is also a member of the Waiting for the Bus collective.

A man who takes pride in his work, definitely a voice that one could not easily
forget he recently received the 2011 Black Essence Award for Poetry and Charity.
G.P.A .has been twice nominated for Poet of the Year in 2011 and “The Book of 24 Orgasms” was nominated for Book of the Year. This poet is one who is not afraid to step outside the box from taboo topics to social awareness, G.P.A is indeed a name poetry and spoken lovers should get familiar with as he prepares to release his first cd of poetry, "The G.P.A. Experience" and the follow-up to his first book, “The Mind of A Poetic Unsub”.




Read some of Marc's poetry


Under Blue Sky

on the porch at the back of the house, with faithful canine

standing next, he stood

weather not too cold for Chicago, especially
with wearing jogging pants and tee shirt
he inhaled deeply the scent of life, as the breeze
walked pass saying hello
the beagle stretches, looks up to him, and heads down the steps
to play
indeed, it is the beginning of a beautiful day
he smiles watching his companion run around the yard
stretching, he emits a sigh, not of exasperation but satisfaction
the door behind him opens, and she joins him
putting his arm around her waist, she draws closer
their smiles are now twins
the breeze walks by again as if music for this scene
and all of this plays out, under a blue sky




A Beautiful Woman

is magnificent, similarly to the way I would love her, inside and out.

is centered with the Creator, not necessarily constantly quoting
biblical verses but acting and living according to Him.
is good to others, herself first then everyone else because the she is
cognizant that the other way, she would short change herself.
is a good mother, whether she has children or not,
because it is natural for her to be maternal.
is a dependable sibling, trustworthy friend.
is intelligent, savvy, or street wise in a combination
or separate because they all our useful mental faculties.
is well read in various genres of literature.
is a listener of music to soothe the anger that arises sometimes,
to dance to, to exercise to, or nod her head in enjoyment.
takes care of her health, whether through diet, exercise,
or staying free of unnecessary stress or drama.
is driven to excel in her education and her profession.
takes care of her appearance which includes nails and toes done,
smells good no matter whether simple as soap, lotion,
or expensive perfume, hair done in whichever style she prefers,
and dresses as lady would, so that the clothes accentuate her.
speaks in a soft tone, raising her voice only
when there is no other recourse and tolerance
has been well surpassed because to contain it would harm her.
A Beautiful Woman has these qualities in concert or singular aspect.
She does her best to always exude them, but remember she is human,
and not perfect but close because she is God’s gift.
Aren’t you Beautiful?

take my glasses off of me
look deep into my brown eyes
run your soft hands over my bald head
take me...
make love to me
place your fingers on my shoulders
then find the lacerations on my heart and heal them
wipe away the tears that free fall with utmost volition
embrace me in the warmth of your hug, hugs, hug, hugs
kiss my lips so I know that my countenance isn’t grotesque
make love to me
wake me in the morning and tell me, “Baby, it’s time for work.”
count the repetitions on my exercises, short the count,
and push me past the point when it hurts.
fix a grand feast for your king, then share with me delicious dessert
make love to me
take my face in your hands
say so softly what you want me to do,
so they don’t sound like commands
tell me that I’m the best love you ever had
because you know the truth I cannot stand
but you keep my ego from being bruised and my manhood intact
because I’m your man
and you wish to do these things in accordance with God’s plan
so without the removal of clothes
no debauchery indulged
secret intimacies involved
please...
make love to me



Find Marc Online:
http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/3055331.The_Greatest_Poet_Alive
Website- http://www.iblowyourmind.net
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/pages/GPA-Greatest-Poet-Alive-Livingston
Twitter - @gr8estpoetalive
Email- GPALoep@yahoo.com






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment awaits moderation. Thank you :-)