Not sure I like the real world, anymore. I'd rather be in one of my stories. They say (whoever they are) that writers live in their heads...


I've been hanging out to write all week and finally had time Friday and Saturday. The only thing I took a break for was a quick visit to a couple of social media sites and once there I suddenly realized the old adage about writers living in their heads is probably true for me. I signed off quickly to go back to the world I've created in this new story. I already miss it.

I've re-read my December 23, Siren Publishing release manuscript in the last week since I had some traveling to put up with. Candle Magic is already up for pre-order. I read the manuscript because I missed the setting, the characters, and the romantic ideas within the story.

It's not the first time I've found  myself missing my characters or the setting of my story, but lately it's a little more than it used to be. When the real world sets my teeth on edge my thoughts wander to one of the places I've created for a story. There are quite a few places now, too, so I have a number to choose from.
I was doing an interview for book blog last week and they asked me a question that made me stop and consider how many stories I've written since I 'picked up the pen' again in 2012.
I was actually shocked to find I've written around twenty stories of various lengths published singly and about four stories featured in anthologies. Yikes I had no idea. Little wonder I miss my characters and their settings, I'm mostly in those worlds.

I do have a day job in case you're wondering. (Smiles)
I do wonder, though, if I'd miss those places and characters as much if I wrote horror and not romance. 


PRE-ORDER!

AVAILABLE: Tuesday, December 23rd

This title is offered at a 10% discount. Offer ends midnight CST, December 30th

[Siren Classic: Erotic Paranormal Romantic Suspense, HEA]

When Simi finds a pretty old candlestick among the discarded props in the PR company storeroom, she never imagines it can grant her dearest wish. There’s something mysterious about the carved candlestick that’s almost scary, but Simi is drawn to it. She intends to use the candlestick to hold her last antique candle and make her solitary Christmas lunch more festive.

Simi works late managing the staff Christmas Eve party and misses the subway train that will take her to her usual stop forcing her to walk the last part of the journey home on the deserted street.

A nearby clock strikes midnight. It's Christmas.

Simi slips, but Jason catches her. Who is Jason? Where has he suddenly appeared from in the night? 

Simi looks into the eyes of this gorgeous man, and sparks fly…

A Siren Erotic Romance (SexTreme)
Pre-order at $3.15 special http://www.bookstrand.com/candle-magic


Find me:
 Tumblr   Facebook  Twitter 
You can now find me on Tsu too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment awaits moderation. Thank you :-)