From guest author @alisonmelloauth new release 'Finding Love' @sirenbookstrand #eroticromance #authorinterview


Finding Love – Learning to Love 1
Abbey felt like her life was torn upside down when she discovered her husband cheated on her and then filed for divorce. After a yearlong pity party, her friends think she needs to get her life back in order, so she decides it's time for some changes and that includes finding a job.
She is so proud of her son, Brian, for starting his first summer job as a camp coach for the local Parks and Rec department. Summer is going well until her ex-husband flips because Brian doesn’t want to see him. Luckily for her she has met Seth, former soldier and owner of S&C Security. He is gorgeous with a tall, muscular build and bright green eyes, but Abbey fears he will not accept her son.
Will Seth stick around and protect Abbey and Brian or will he run when he realizes just how crazy Abbey’s ex really is?

Siren Classic: Erotic Contemporary Romance, HEA – Adult content


STORY EXCERPT:
I am about to point out a cute guy to Sarah, when I realize who I am looking at.
“Oh, my God, oh, my God! It is him!”
“It is who?” Sarah asks.
“The guy from outside the store the other day.”
She responds with a, “No way!”
I tell her to scope his eyes. They are the most perfect green eyes I have ever seen.
Tracey sees who we are talking about and says, “Damn, girl! He is hot!”
He must feel me staring at him because he turns right to me, and I instantly turn around, embarrassed to be caught. He starts over to our table with a sense of purpose, and I am mortified, and beet red in the face. Tracey is hitting my arm and telling me to pull it together because he is almost here. I suddenly hear, “Hey, ladies.” I close my eyes. What a sexy-ass voice!I can smell his cologne, and it is heavenly.
I turn around and say, “Hey.”
“What are you ladies up to tonight?” his sexy voice asks us.
Tracey responds with, “Oh, you know, just a girls’ night out, a few drinks, and some dancing.”
He looks right at me and says, “Nice. Maybe I can get a dance, later?”
“Sure,” I respond back with a smile.
Then I realize my panties are soaked, and it reminds me of just how long it has been since I have had sex. I am not even referring to good sex, just sex in general. I don’t dare tell the girls that, but excuse myself, and go to the ladies’ room. When I return, there is another round of drinks at the table, and the music has gotten a little louder. I grab my seat, and enjoy my next drink. I catch myself scanning the bar looking for him, and realize he didn’t even tell me his name. I probably won’t even see him again tonight. I mean, if he really wanted to dance, he would have introduced himself, right?
Sarah must realize I am thinking too much, because she grabs my hand and pulls me on the dance floor. “Dark Horse,” by Katy Perry is playing. There are not a lot of people out here, but that never bothered us; we are known for getting the dance floor started.
I tell her that I feel like someone is watching me, and she responds with, “That’s because he is watching you.”
“Are you serious?”
She smiles and nods at me, and I just start laughing like she told me a funny joke. We dance another song together, and Tracey joins us, filling us in that Melissa is going to hang out at the table, as usual. I see him head over to the table, and the feelings I have are not good. I am feeling a bit angry as I watch him talk to Melissa. Did I misread the situation? How could he have looked right at me, and asked me to dance, yet he is talking to Melissa? Still watching the scene unfold at our table, Melissa notices, and as soon as he walks away she gives me a thumbs-up to let me know they were probably talking about me. I instantly regret getting angry, and will myself to gain some control. I don’t even know his damn name!
I shake him out of my head, and start dancing again. Sarah taps me on the arm, and points to our table. He has bought us a round of drinks, and I realize I am not sure how I feel about this.Coming on a bit strong, no? I decide to head back to the table, and of course Sarah and Tracey follow.
As we arrive, he turns around and says, “This round is on me.”
I say, “Thanks,” with an attitude.
Sarah looks at me like, What the fuck? and I shrug my shoulders.
He walks off with a slightly hurt look in his eyes, and I instantly feel bad. What is my problem? It is just a round of drinks! Why am I mad? I knew coming out was a bad idea. After a few sips of my drink from Mr. Hottie, I decide I need to hit the ladies’ room so I can try to change my mood. I leave the table walking with my head down because my mind is reeling, until I smack right into what feels like a brick wall. I look up to apologize, and it is Mr. Hottie himself. I roll my eyes at my clumsiness and apologize. He looks me dead in the eyes and says, “Maybe I should be apologizing. It seems I’ve upset you,” as he takes his hand and removes a piece of my hair from my face. His touch sends a wave of shock through my body, and I break out in goose bumps.
“No, you didn’t upset me. Thank you for the drinks. It’s just that…I …um… It’s complicated.”
“Like you have a man complicated?” And I want to laugh and tell him I was once married, but he was no man.
“Ex complicated.”
He smiles and says, “Ex complicated is way better than man complicated.”
This time I do laugh. I hold out my hand and say, “Abbey,” by way of introduction. He returns the shake and says, “Seth.”
“It is nice to formally meet you, Seth!”
“Trust me, the pleasure is all mine.” I realize I am no longer in need of the ladies’ room, and I invite him to join us. He declines but tells me he will be around for the dance I promised him. I smile and say, “Great, see you soon.” When I get back to the table my friends all have their mouths hanging open, and they beg for details. I fill them in on his name and our conversation and how he has promised to stop back over for a dance, and I realize I haven’t stopped smiling. 
Copyright © 2015 by Alison Mello

Five questions for the author
Q: Every book is special to an author.  What is it about this book that makes it special for you?
A:  It’s my first! This was a book I just sat down one day and started writing. I asked a few people to read it once I was a few chapters in and they all said ‘keep going!’ so I did and that is how the Learning To Love series was born.

Q:  Sometimes things happen when you are writing a series that wasn’t expected at all.  Have you had this happen to you?
A:  All the time! I am not good at writing a book that is planned out because I NEVER stick to the plan so it I sit and write as things come to mind! This series has a fourth book I never planned on writing originally but as I was writing each book Michael’s character grew to be a part of everyone’s lives so I decided to give him a story and so the fourth book was born!

Q.  Is that why you always include a danger element to your books?
A.  The danger part is what keeps me wanted to read. I add them because when I decided to start this journey part of my purpose was to keep in mind what I liked and didn’t like about books I’ve read. I like the wonder of what will happen next if there is a little danger involved.  
Q.  What are you working on at the moment?
Well I am working on the idea for a new project. The four books of the Learning to Love series have been written and you will see them all out soon, however I am working on a standalone that will probably be out early 2016.
Q.  Do you have anything to say to your current readers or to those that haven’t yet read you work?
A.  There are a lot of people who have not read my work because this is my first book and so if you are purchasing this book and giving me a shot I thank you so much! I have fallen in love with writing and hope to provide readers with many books they will love and enjoy. I think I have grown a little with each book I have written so I look forward to hearing what you all think about each book in the series as they come out.


Author bio:
Thank you for choosing to read my book. I am a stay-at-home mom to two children who are my world. My husband has a very tough job so I work part time and take care of the kids. I live in a small town in the state of Massachusetts where I was born and raised. As a child and young adult I was never a big reader but fell in love with it after having my son and built up quite the collection of romance novels. As I started to read more and more I started to notice things I really enjoyed in a book and things I didn’t. One morning I woke up and decided that I wanted to write my own series keeping those thoughts in mind. I was frustrated over the lack of hours with my job and decided if there was ever a time to give this a go it was now, so I pulled out a tablet and just started writing. I hope you enjoyed my first book as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Publishers Author Page: http://www.bookstrand.com/alison-mello  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment awaits moderation. Thank you :-)